Hello Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 users ! We all know that Motorola is a nice brand. But when it comes to Android market, Motorola Mobiles have not been able to catch much attention to android users except some phones like Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865. It is a nice, functions rich android smart phone. The user experience of Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 is up-to the mark. Now Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 user can taste the Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 which would make your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 really powerful in terms of UI, Performance and Battery Backup. So with out doing any blah blah blah… lets move to the action.
Here are step by step guide to upgrade your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 with Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 via CM 10.1 Custom ROM Manually-
- This firmware upgrade is only for Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 so it should be installed only this device other wise it may cause damage.
- This Firmware is completely safe to install on your device and has been tested successfully.
- It is advisable you to upgrade your phone at your own risk as we’ll not be responsible for any problem caused during this up-gradation. It happens only in rarest of the rare cases that may cause lose of warranty.
Points to Consider before Up-gradation of Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865:
- It is advisable you to backup all your phone data and settings before going for firmware up-gradation so that if you loose your data in any case data you can recover it.
- Recommended Apps for back-up: Super Backup, GO Backup, Easy App Toolbox, App Backup & Restore and App Backup & Re install.
- Make sure that your phone is at-least 80% charged so that during up-gradation you might not be the victim of out of power.
- Last thing you need to do is to enable USB Debugging on your phone. This option can be find generally in Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Final Steps for Up-gradation of Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865:
- Download CM 10.1 Jellybean Custom ROM package here.
- Now Download Google Apps on your Laptop or Computer.
- Don’t extract the downloaded files just copy both files into SD card of your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865.
- Restart your phone in Recovery Mode by pressing power + volume down simultaneously, it will show you a warning message then validate it by pressing volume up button.
- When your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 in recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Now return to the main menu and select “Install Zip from SD card” and select the downloaded zip file from SD card.
- Upload the file and apply installation and wait for installation to get over.
- Repeat the same process for Google apps and wait for installation to get over.
- Now return back to recovery menu and reboot your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865.
Now enjoy your Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 with CM 10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2. If you find any difficulties in this whole process, feel free to comment here .